View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #20
huari
Enthusiast
huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.huari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle me, Sony Reader missus
i still can't see it, can you?

I thought the 'new' Zoom feature would be great when some newer programming books came out and coincided with the announcement of O'Reilly's experiment with other eBook formats.

Unfortunately I found out that it depends on the publisher. Attached is a screenshot from an Apress book trying to show a dialog window, but the Kindle's resolution is not up to snuff.

Other books have more complex images/tables and no Zoom function; I can't understand why they are still listed Kindle.

I now resort to checking the Search Inside feature of the print version or borrowing a prospective purchase from the Public Library so I can check tables and other images that maybe distorted on the Kindle.

2009 looks to see eInk coming to the dailies in a big way and with that more exposure to the late adopting masses.

Imagine a day when paper is secondary and old books once Kindle converted by less diligent publishers have to be checked against GoogleBooks or paper archives for the correct proof
It's like going back to microfiche to do the school research paper in the connected info age.

Publishers lower quality, rush to press and let the crowd fix it.

The Amazon Kindle team is in dire need of an errata forum so users can post corrections and we can get better quality books.

or wait for Kindle 2.0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-61734.gif
Views:	477
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	13863  
huari is offline   Reply With Quote