Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #135
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Yes, I tried to swap fonts but system didn't allowed me. I tried one of the apps on the market to do that, but those apps require busybox and NAND unlock, I don't know how to do that. I've minimal zeam rooted PRS T1.

What you would suggest?
Not really my area of expertise, I'm afraid. The way I've chosen to change fonts is the modified Reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
That's correct. Hopefully it's on Morkl's todo list to add functionality to change these settings inside the app, but for now you need to edit the xml directly.

Cheers,
Simon.
Yep, that's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
@Morkl,

When you plan to release update for the Ebookreader?
If I edit reference to external fonts in xml file by changing /mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts to /mnt/extsd/reader/fonts and put fonts folder on microSD will it work?
I haven't had time to do any work since the last weekend because of work and relatives visiting, so the next update will take some more time than I had hoped.

I can't see why putting the fonts on extsd shouldn't work,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I added the gentium book basic font ( a unicode supported font) to the reader.xml file and I did exactly what the readme say a to install the modified version of ebookreader. But I was unable to choose the gentium font (the is no dropbox to choose). How can I solve this prob?
As jackie_w said, the contents of the configuration file and a description of what you see and expect to see helps a lot when trying to figure out what's wrong!