Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #122
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I copy the apk file (to /mnt/sdcard/Android/downloads but it really doesn't matter as long as you can find it again) and then click on the file in Root Explorer. That then does a normal android install. You do need to enable "Unknown Sources" in the Apps section of the Android Settings. This only needs to be done once.

You do need to copy any directories (as per the readme.txt) just like normal.

Cheers,
Simon.
Thanks for confirming that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
@Morkl

Is it possible to write a small guide how to change stock font in PRS T1. That's all I need. I need a reader soft to see Unicode, without adding @face statements to ebooks. I don't want to mess with installing modified reader soft, though I appreciate the work you've done.
You need to change either the CSS definitions or swap the font files. I don't know of another way to change the CSS without using a modified Reader app, and the internal fonts are stored on a read-only file system.

I guess "mount --bind"-ing files on the SD card on top of the internal ones might work, but I haven't tried it myself and can't try it out right now as I'm at work and my device is at home.