View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #24
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post
natch said:
> Your points are being lost in the heat of your rhetoric.

there's no "heat" in my "rhetoric". i'm cool as a cucumber.
I'm very glad to hear it! Please let a bit more of that coolness show in your word choices and phrasings and then it'll become apparent to the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowerbird View Post
so why constantly distract people with a "next month" that won't _actually_ arrive for another 6 months, or in 2 years?
if then?
That's an excellent question. I guess, for me, the answer is much what THJahar pointed out: one of the main points of MobileRead is to watch for trends and try to guess what's going to come of them, so it's not really a distraction, so much as it is kinda the point.

I don't need a new prediction every month to keep my interest up, but it's the nature of the beast. Whaddayagonnado? Personally my interest in the Kindle is more clinical: what will its features be? How will it handle DRM? What is that WhisperNet thing, anyway? Will it be less Fugly when they finally do launch it than it was in the FCC dox?

We do our best to specify what we know to be fact as fact, and clearly indicate rumors as being rumors. If I had a karma point for every time I've reminded someone that something was only a rumor, my karma would probably be higher than Alexander's is! I don't think anyone has ever suggested that we were dealing only in verified facts -- it's a discussion forum, after all, the whole point of such locales is to discuss, explore, speculate and express opinions; to solve the world's problems, if you will. We have a Wiki for the verified stuff.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote