View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #336
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmir View Post
I have trouble using PDFRead 1.8.2. It is something to do with "unpaper". I am trying to convert a scanned pdf with two book pages scanned side by side and placed on one pdf page. I would like to split them and have one page per pdf page -
Does PDFRead work on your computer when not using the unpaper input box? What operating system are you using?

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"C:\Program Files\PDFRead\bin\pdfread" -p prs505-p -i pdf -t "1" -a "1" -o "C:
1" -f "lrf" -m "portrait" --no-dilate --no-crop -u "-l double" "C:\1.pdf"

Temporary directory: c:\temp\pdfread-obxzoi

Page 1/2: EXTRACT RASTERIZE UNPAPER SAVE DONE
Page 2/2: EXTRACT RASTERIZE UNPAPER SAVE DONE
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pdfread.py", line 207, in <module>
File "pdfread.py", line 84, in main
File "pdfread.py", line 68, in convert
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'page_o.pgm'
Press any key to continue . . .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Could you suggest what should I change to get through?
It appears Windows crashed when unpaper was writing it's temporary output to the internal file 'page_o.pgm'. Could a previous call to PDFRead not have finished properly? aborted? still running? Something has a "lock" on the filename and won't allow 'unpaper' to complete after the first page is output.

Try rebooting and clearing out your temp directory 'c:\temp\pdfread-obxzoi'.

I don't know enough about unpaper to be able to support it other than some simple processing.

Perhaps use another pdf-to-pdf software tool to first split it into single page and then run that new .pdf through PDFRead.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote