View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 05:12 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
By opting out of the Google Book Agreement you haven't prevented Google from scanning and using your work. You have just retained your right to sue them for copyright infringement if they do.

I'd be surprised if Google did continue to use works from people who have opted out though - as far as I can see they're mainly wanting to bring back orphaned works.

Even so, I'm really unhappy with the outcome. This is a major change to the way one company can use copyrighted works. Such a big and significant change realy ought to be done by legislation and not through a court settlement, and ought to work for anyone, not just one large corporation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I opted out. I was fine with Google having a partial scan of my book available--I think it could drive sales--but the provisions about Google having the right to sell the ebook disturbed me immensely.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote