View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:10 AM   #215
wjhill
wjhill began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Docs for GetFileName plugin

Hi folks -- first off, thanks for this plugin, and I wish I'd discovered it before yesterday; I have a large library and it would have been lovely to keep the original filenames for all those books!

After reviewing the plugin and starting to configure it, I realized I might be able to help folks who, like me, had a few questions around details of the process.

As I worked through config, and ensuring the plugin worked, I wrote up a doc in Word and uploaded it to my Google Drive for review:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...203aHpEZ3dkbnM

(Let me know if you have issues seeing it; it should be set to View for Anyone, and I did test for such on a non-logged in browser.)

This is written against the 0.0.12 version of the plugin, for future reference.

I'm more than open to edits in the next little while, as well as putting it somewhere else more appropriate. I'm also open to putting a FOSS license on it so people can take over updating it, if so moved -- since I can't own/update this doc long-term.

In the meantime, I'm happy to take corrections/edits/improvements to content, although I'd like to avoid major changes to formatting until I have a more permanent home.

Last edited by wjhill; 03-11-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Info on accessing link
wjhill is offline   Reply With Quote