View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #288
Ruskie_it
Addict
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 4 NT, Cybook Odissey
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@Ruskie_it: If you hyphenate epub and then convert it to "dual mobi" /"combo mobi" (contains both "old mobi" and "KF8" sections in one file with .mobi extension, and KF8 portion has soft hyphens) and send that to Amazon usually azw3 file gets delivered to your Kindle and all is good.
I'm guessing that @bart86 is using that workaround (because Amazon's PDOCs service doesn't accept KF8-only books) and for some reason for certain books ends up with "old mobi" being delivered.

Also you're wrong : Reading Time feature work with "old mobi" format since it only needs .NCX to "know" what constitutes a chapter.
I see, I didn't know about this complex behaviour while sending docs to Amazon. Yet I find this much more unpractical than using usb cable. 😊

Regarding mobi, perhaps I remember it wrong, but I am write sure it does not support page numbering at least. But if you say that an azw3 is delivered anyway, this doesn't matter as well.

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote