View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #35
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not just leave the fonts alone? There's nothing wrong with them when looked at in the KF8. They can be viewed with Windows font viewer just fine.
Simply put.... Mobi_Unpack IS choosing to leave them alone. They ARE obfuscated in the original KF8. It's only the "tweak" feature of calibre that's unobfuscating them and allowing you to view/edit them in the first place. I suggest you continue to use that if you want to view/edit the font files.

Quote:
The idea is to remove all traces of DRM and whatnot and all this does is just add in a layer of crap that we don't need and we don't want.
That is certainly not the idea behind Mobi_Unpack. Not at all. Mobi_Unpack is not designed to remove any DRM remnants or any encryption whatsoever. It is designed to unpack the contents of the MOBI/KF8 with as little alteration to the original contents as possible. Period. I repeat: Mobi_Unpack is not "adding" a layer of anything that wasn't there to begin with.

I'm afraid you'll just have to be disappointed with mobi_unpack. Further conversation about this particular issue would be rather pointless.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-25-2012 at 10:28 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote