View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #12
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You mean xhtml, right, in Abiword? Not the entire epub at once, from what I read in the documentation?
Y'know, probably not -- my epubs don't have splits at the moment, all one XHTML file (splits are not a requirement of the format, just the current reading systems.)

Quote:
Atlantis can apparently export (create) epub; but it can't download, import or open it. {sigh}
That stinks.

Quote:
I installed the FF epub viewer (nice for a reader!! MUCH better than B&N's desktop reader, which is a total bow-wow), but I can't print from that sucker either. Man, what a PITA this is turning into.
It doesn't like my ePubs. I'll have to figure out why (probably the single file thing. It's screaming about an undefined spine.) My guess is that they deliberately turned off printing.

Quote:
Hah! Cap, I'm one of your biggest fans, but if I was going to do that I'd just send her the pdf's one at a time, chapter-by-chapter, book-by-book. That's actually what I was trying to avoid.
You're my only fan, so don't stress.

I was thinking of something like PDFTK.

Comes from not being in the Windows world. Just write a macro or a script for something you're going to do a lot.

There's a really sweet Linux utility called PDF Mod that is a GUI for manipulating PDF pages. If you're willing to set up a virtual machine, and share a working folder, you can just switch back and forth between whatever suits you best.

Oh, I found epub2pdf, though, which looks more like what you want. It's a Java app.

EDIT: and there's a specialized Amber converter for ePub, too. I forgot about them.

cap

ps: that's called burying the lede.

Last edited by capidamonte; 06-16-2010 at 07:04 AM.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote