View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
According to this popular page the limitation seems to be ADE, not ePub
Well, the pseudo-elements are not listed in the ePUB spec either.

Quote:
'course, I'm not exactly shooting for ePub.
Right, but it's goodo to know what is and isn't supported, I guess.

Quote:
What is the good ol' CSS way to make a horizontal rule? In my current CSS, I've added page-break-after to all my divs, which works as expected in print preview -- but I'd love to add a visible rule for normal browsers, which don't break the page.
Hmm... I think you'd have to add some specific css for browsers showing a bottom border.

Note that, apparently, vertical space must be discarded after a pagebreak. So that, if you have a <hX> after a pagebreak, no matter how much margin-top you assign it, it will be flushed to the top of the page (or so it should). To avoid this, I had to add manual pagebreaks:

Code:
<div class="pagebreak">&nbsp;</div>

div.pagebreak {
  page-break-before: always;
  height: 0;
  padding: 0
}
... and I could change the css for browsers:

Code:
div.pagebreak {
  border: dashed;
  border-width: 1px 0 0 0;