View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #255
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebies

Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton (self published title from Leisure & Sourcebooks author)

Quote:
A woman without a past…

After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right. She’s had no reason to question what friends and family have told her, not until her husband is suddenly killed and she finds a photo of a young girl in his office. A girl who can’t be anyone but a daughter Kate didn’t know she had.

A man desperate for a reason to live…

Ryan Harrison lost his wife in a plane crash five years ago. To cope with the pain of her loss, he dedicated himself to his job and to raising their daughter. Now a successful pharmaceutical executive, Ryan has everything a man could want—money, fame and power—but he’d give it all up in a heartbeat for just one more day with the woman he still loves.

Two lives about to converge.

As Kate begins to dig into a past she doesn’t remember, evidence leads her to San Francisco and puts her on the path toward Ryan, a man who sees in her the woman he loved and lost. Kate feels a draw to Ryan, one she can’t explain, but is that feeling enough to convince her this is where she’s supposed to be? As Ryan and Kate search for answers, they uncover lies long buried, a passion hotter than either expected and a danger that threatens…even now…when the second chance they’ve both been searching for is finally within reach.
For a Good Time Call. . . by Trish Jensen (currently published by Bell Bridge previously published 1999 by ???)

Quote:
A mysterious prank brought them together for sizzling-hot romance . . .

"I'm just a nosy little ad exec who's dying to see who invited me to meet you."

"Listen, Sherry Whoever-You-Are, I'm very, very busy," Kit Fleming answered. "If you could just speed this up, I'd be wildly grateful."

Sherry became uncomfortably aware that he had a very sexy phone voice. "Well, you see, I got a delivery tonight, and I didn't have anything smaller than a fifty, so the kid had to give me change."

"Uh-huh," he said, the grunt tinged with annoyance. "Fascinating."

"The twenty he gave me had some writing on it."

"Writing?"

"'For a good time, call Kit.' And of course, your phone number."

NightDrake by Lara Adrian (Originally published in the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2)

Quote:
Tough female mercenary Nisha the Heartless is hired to transport mysterious cargo arrived from exotic New Asia to a well-paying client. But things are never what they seem in a dark world now populated by humans and the Strange: shapeshifters and telepaths, nymphs and hobgoblins. It is a lesson Nisha learns all too soon--one that puts her on a journey with a dangerously sexy, enigmatic man who will force her to confront the nightmares of her past, and risk her heart for a future she never dreamed could be hers...
Repeat Freebie
Rogue's Honor by Brenda Hiatt (originally published by Avon 2001)

Quote:
Lady Pearl Moreston would first sacrifice her virtue and live life as a chambermaid before she'd acquiesce to her stepmother's demands and wed overbred Lord Bellowsworth! In fact, posing as a maid is precisely what Pearl does to escape her fate -- a deception that could prove disastrous for the impetuous bluestocking. Luckily, Luke St. Clair comes to her rescue. Now here is a man worth losing one's innocence to: strong, dashing, daring, worldly...and nary a drop of noble blood in him!

Luke is intrigued by this minx who seems unusually knowing for her tender years...and whose intoxicating beauty makes him light-headed in her presence. But Luke is not the adventurer the winsome Pearl believes him to be. And though her soft, succulent lips are begging to be kissed, Luke is honor-bound to never reveal to her his true identity. Yet how long can passion's flames be restrained before two delightful deceivers are forced to drop their masks and surrender to the sweet, sensual fire?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote