View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I often wonder if there are people who read 4 or 3 or 3-7 etc. books a year. My mother who is 87 still reads around 60 books a year. My sister, who is 59, hasn't read 4 books since leaving school.

I have a friend who only reads when a book is highly recommended, or on an airplane but he manages to choke down a dozen or more a year. I have many friends who read none, and many who read at least 3 a week.

Who are these 4 book a year people and where do they live? Do they read a book at a single sitting or 2-6 pages a day.

I guess what puzzles me is if you don't like to read why bother, and if you like to read how can you only read 4 books a year?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote