View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I'm in the process of reading a scientific book with embedded equations. The equations are faint and tiny and I have enormous difficulty reading them. So far I can mentally fill in most of the details I can't see properly, but I am worried that as the book progresses I shall get lost.

I tried changing the text size, but it didn't affect the size of the equations. I assume they may be in some format like pdf.

Any suggestions?
i share your frustration. this seems to be a major limitation with current e-ink platforms, including kindle.

the equations are being rendered as bitmaps because the on-board character sets can't display them properly. if you convert a wiki article over to kindle it never gets the equations correct.

my only suggestion is to use PDF....that's why i opted for the larger kindle DX, i knew i'd be forced into reading lots of PDFs for scientific articles.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote