View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:02 PM   #39
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I think it will be fun for you to review your thoughts as the book progresses. I also took many notes as I was reading on what I thought might happen so I could look back on them at the end. It's not something that I typically do (mostly I just highlight passages), but I'm trying to be more aware of what my thoughts are while reading.
Did you have fun reviewing your notes, sun surfer? I did. I think I discovered that Collins used a lot of foreshadowing and sometimes he was very direct in hinting what was coming and one needn’t question it too much. For example, I loved the line when Walter is trying to figure out how to deal with Fosco when he decides he must consult his Italian friend Professor Pesca and he says “The professor has been so long absent from these pages that he has run some risk of being forgotten altogether.” Why yes embarrassing to admit that I had forgotten that he existed! Thanks for the reminder, Walter! It seems so obvious now that Pesca would not have had such an entertaining introduction at the beginning of the book if he weren’t to make an important reappearance later. His role was more than to just introduce Walter to Laura and her family. He must also return the favor to Walter to save/regain his life.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote