View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 03:31 AM   #10
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by font332 View Post
I have a file, a book, which is just a website mirror DOC file, that was a HTML file, that I changed the extension to DOC.
The text in that file/on that website, unfortunately is in one table object, and I can't scroll down this table, only left and right.
Renaming the file just changes which apps will try to open it, or what format they assume it is. The real format is unchanged.

Word docx is a zipped archive including xhtml. So something that can read docx can probably cope with html. But it isn't really a docx, so cannot expect it to work perfectly.

Open the html file in Word and "save as" a real docx file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by font332 View Post
I can open the file and do it as You told, but the thing is, I have like a thousands of such files that are just a websites mirror, which unfortunately the content have been inserted in the table.
Trying to read thousands of pages of tables on a Kindle seems a painful exercise. Tables on a small screen.....

Anyway, you could import batches of html into Sigil, save as an epub, convert to AZW3 with the Kindlegen plugin or Calibre.

Last edited by AlanHK; 06-29-2017 at 03:41 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote