View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 12:43 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

{snippage for space}

Not absolutely certain what you mean by embedding the video in a page. Video files in an epub document are stored external to the html page and are referred to by links. Pretty much exactly the same as referencing an image. I suppose you could Base64 encode the images and place them directly in the html code but I haven't seen Base64 encoded images used in quite a few years. If nothing else, they take much more space than the original image in return for only need one GET to grab the whole page with images.
Well, no--you CAN, actually, embed the entire video into an ePUB, rather than calling it from an external link, and use the device's built-in player. Most ebooks do actually link to videos stored on HTML webpages, with players, as you note--but it is entirely possible to embed the entire video into the ePUB. We've done it, more than once. I don't recommend it, for a zillion reasons. But it's certainly doable. This article on our site shows a book we made dog's years ago (2013, if memory serves): http://www.booknook.biz/ebook-sizes-...ipad-book-size and that's embedded video right there.

It's not very kind to the poor bastards that have to download the eBook, either, given how much size video adds to eBooks. As well.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote