View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
lissie
Enthusiast
lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lissie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Workflow - XHTML to mobi to ePub

For sometime I've been converting books to Kindle using
Word - export to HTMl - stripped to clean HTML - edited in a text editor, created opf and ncx by hand - create mobi using KindlePreviewer

It's the only way I've found to control both the html and ncx TOC. Plus by editing the html I can remove all <p> tags which are automatically over-written by Kindle to have an indent - I don't want indents. Instead I use <br/> for new lines and end up with nice looking kindle books.

HOWEVER now that smashwords allows direct import of epubs - I'm looking for an easy way to take the mobi file and make iit an epub. Is it as easy as using Calibre for conversion?

I noticed in the epub spec there is a requirement that all text is wrapped in <p> tags - so do I need to now have 2 different source files: one for mobi one for epub?

Last edited by lissie; 01-21-2013 at 04:36 PM.
lissie is offline   Reply With Quote