View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Fastolfe
Bookworm
Fastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneFastolfe makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony PRS-650
If you see the sync icon, it means the reader detects a card change erroneously. If I were to make a guess, I'd say one of the electrical contacts in the card reader is flaky. A bad electrical contact would make the reader think the card has been disconnected and reconnected immediately after. Either that or the card itself is dodgy.

If I were you, I'd try to wiggle the card from side-to-side while it's in the reader, to try to reproduce the problem. You can also try to spray some contact cleaner inside the card slot, and onto the card's connectors (contact cleaner is available at your local electronic components store), and finally, the simplest solution, try another SD card.

Good luck with your problem.
Fastolfe is offline   Reply With Quote