View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Am I remembering wrong that Amazon used to have listings for "Kindle Books" or maybe "Kindle Edition"?

When I went to one of the Kindle First books for June today, since time is running out to choose one, I see listings for a "Digital Book", "Paperback", "Audible Book", and "Audio CD". The only mention of Kindle is that you can read this on one (the ad at the top) and a different book lists a Kindle edition in the ads between this book and the reviews. Even the Kindle App is not referred to as the Kindle App, just as "Our Free App". I could swear the listing for "Digital Book" used to be "Kindle Book" or "Kindle Edition" instead of this.

Am I losing it or is this a change on Amazon's site? And, if it is a change, how long ago did this occur? I don't check too often so it may have been there for a while. Also, does this mean anything? It seems odd that they are not calling them Kindle books now given the branding over the last few years. How much of a game changer would it be if they decided to offer ePubs in addition to Kindle versions? That is the first reason I can think of to use a generic "Digital Book" name instead of Kindle specific.
Hmmm...I'm still seeing it listed as "Kindle eBook"

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote