View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
From the archives:

ruka has a solution for the usb launcher :

Okay, after a week of frustration with the auto-launching/auto-install partition, I sat here and figured out how to disable this read-only partition. I don't have the Sony software installed, as I use Calibre exclusively.

This does not require disabling a drive letter.

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-Bit, and I own the PRS-300.

First, open "Computer", and then right-click your reader's drive letter. Left-click "properties". You're presented with a series of tabs. Click the "Hardware" tab. Choose "Sony PRS-XXX Launcher USB Device", then click the "Properties" button. This opens a new window, with a new series of tabs. Click the "Driver" tab, and finally click the "Disable" button. Finally, you will be required to reboot your computer. This disables only the Launcher partition driver, and does not interfere with normal USB operation of the device.

I wish I could make this work on the Mac!
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote