View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #53
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
One comment I have is that you might want to consider changing epigrams from being special paragraphs into being divs.

snip

In fact, now that I think about it, you might also created a div for chapter "endnotes" (but I'm not sure what the real name for this is).
Still need a better name than "endnotes"... maybe "commentary"?

And I applied thinkjuice (caffeine suspensions) to the problem of epigrams (and pullquotes, too) and realized that blockquotes were the answer. They can contain paragraphs, and CSS will let you do anything that you can do to divs.

And they're both quotes, right?

Should work for "commentaries" as well.

I'm avoiding divs inside divs wherever I can, as it makes programming the macro-scripts easier. Also, I think it makes sense to keep 'em as big as possible, basically pieces of the book. (The only exception I have, is Chapters/Prologues/Epilogues/Appendices inside Parts.)

m a r

ps: I almost went with qs, but they're supposed to be short. Maybe for pullquotes...

Last edited by rogue_ronin; 07-03-2009 at 06:19 AM. Reason: typos
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote