View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I didn't want to hijack the usual reviewing process (and unleash potentially buggy code to the world), but if it's okay with everyone, I can of course provide a 'ready to use' version for testing purposes .

@pdurrant: I'm still leaning on the 'FW 3.4 bug!' side of things, because the Touch handles those files perfectly fine, and honors the correct StartOffset . It's not the only thing the KF8 backend/frontend on 3.4 handles differently than other FW...

@Hitch: Do you happen to have a small testcase for the disappearing fonts thing? It seems eerily familiar, and reminds me of a number of issues with the Kindle's complete mishandling of some custom fonts we encountered with the different Fonts Hacks (leading to the same 'blank' font issue), until one took a hammer to the nail and switched to a custom FreeType library...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote