View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #140
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes (you do realize that we're necroposting here, Quoth, ça va?),
Yes, though I was replying to the recent post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
… that's true, but over at Etsy, they have a built-in crowd of people (if we're talking crafting books and the like) who are already interested in their topic(s). Knitting, making soaps, making perfumes, whatever.

I can see, were I a crafter (near beer!) with a specialty and a decent targeted book why I would consider Etsy. (Full disclosure: don't drink beer, don't knit, can't sew and any "crafty-ness" I have is the other kind spelt with an "i.")

Hitch
Yes, but you need the weekly volume AND the niche book or the store rental will outweigh sales. Or very expensive physical books. It works just about for my daughter but she sells paintings at 100x to 800x the price of an ebook.

I did look at it and was surprised more than one off physical books even qualify, but I guess since Etsy gets the money every month they don't much care what's offered as long as it's not illegal.

Ravelery is THE place for selling actual knitting & crochet patterns. Etsy is more kitchy-niche.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote