View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #26
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post

I doubt that support for the KFX format is coming any time soon to calibre. As far as I know, no one is currently working on it. (Of course the illegality of trafficking in DRM removal tools in the US means that work may be going on in secret.)

Just started using a Kindle Oasis to replace my trusty Sony T3.... ( my Mac kindle app is some old version, as I deliberately turned off auto update to prevent any issues with updates and 'improvements' ) so I have converted all my epubs in Calibre to KFX... using the Kfx plug in and the Amazon Kindle preview app.

So not officially supported in Calibre but it does work quite well ( the odd book or so doesn't convert, so it goes to azw3 and then 'hyphenate this' plug-in'd ).

I'm not quite sure why it's not an option to send a kfx file to the Kindle directly from within Calibre... but here's my workaround which makes selecting only the kfx files for sideloading ...
  • In Calibre select all the books with kfx formats ( no problem if they also have epubs also etc).
  • Right click and Save to disk... and choose Save single format to disk.
  • Choose a location/folder and let it do its thing
  • Drag all those folders containing the kfx books over to the documents folder on your kindle
  • Wait while your kindle updates itself ( database?)
  • May as well set up to view as a list since book covers don't work
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote