View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kaylee - a 'downside' of using virtual libraries or physical library switching is that some configuration settings are 'global' and they apply to all 'books'. For example for manga I prefer to sort authors name as is - eg Hwang Mi Ri or Han Yu Rang, but for my books I prefer LN/FN. I found trying to remember to adjust tweaks and settings when I did a library switch tiresome, forgettable, and error prone.

A 'downside' of running separate calibre installs, is that you can only run one instance of calibre at a time. So when you're looking at comics and you want to look at a book, then you have to close calibre (for comics) and start calibre (for books). And you have to do double installs

There's no ideal solution. A possible solution would be the ability to switch between configuration folders when switching physical libraries. Another solution would be to use a different manager for comics.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-31-2014 at 04:03 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote