View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@Iņigo
Welcome back! I hope you had a great holiday.

Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate it (all the more since you're the only one that bothered commenting).
Quote:
* I've had to delete my previous "settings.reader.lua" manually. Not a problem
Yeah, the structure of settings.reader.lua changed a bit, sorry. I didn't think anyone would try to install it OVER the previous version.
Quote:
* BUGS:
- spacing setting does not work in CREReader
UPDATE: it does work on .fb2 files, but not on .epub
Actually, it does work on .epub too. It just doesn't work on all .epub. I don't know why. On the same .epub files that it didn't work in Librerator, it also didn't work in Cool Reader 3, so I can only assume it's an issue with crengine.

Quote:
- left prev/next page don't work in CREReader
Yeah, thanks for reporting. I broke it when I implemented K4NT specific shortcuts. I'll fix it in the next release.
Quote:
- in CREReader: fw_up does prev_page until the start of section, the other fw_* do nothing
fw_up/fw_down are meant to be used in scroll mode. Fw_up will not always go to the previous page (as you noticed it won't go over the section). It has to do with different types of navigation in crengine, and it gets complicated - you probably don't even want to know. Let's just leave it at "it should be used in scroll mode only".
Quote:
- it should be a "bookmark deleted" message. Btw, why "ScreenKB"? IMHO fw_right would be better
I think showing "Bookmark deleted" dialog would be annoying, since one can see that the bookmark under the cursor just disappeared. As for the other part - fw_left and fw_right are used to expand/collapse tree structure in lists. I know there aren't tree structures in bookmark lists, but there are in Table of Contents - and they both use the same code. So that's why ScreenKB. It is "Del" on K3 though .
Quote:
- with "ScreenKB - Home -> exit Librerator"
. in "book", it closes book
. in "last documents", it does nothing
ScreenKB - Home does exit Librerator in Emulator. Why it doesn't on real K4NT - no idea, and I'm afraid I can't fix it without having the real K4NT myself.

As for "last documents", I noticed it after I released it. I'll fix that in the next release. In the meantime, use Back-ScreenKB-Home to exit from "last documents" .
Quote:
* WISHES for CREReader:
- margins are too big, an option to configure them, specially left/right
mayabtlaloc also asked for configurable margins. I'll repeat what I answered to him: I'm not really familiar with crengine api. If someone finds the needed functions and documents them, I might be able to add it to Librerator. Otherwise, there's nothing I can do. On the other hand, I myself find the margins just right though, and don't consider it a priority.
Quote:
- [ADDED] fw_left, fw_right to -10/+10 pages
fw_keys are used for panning. Making them do different things in different readers would be both confusing and complicated to implement. There is -10/+10 pages in Librerator - only it's mapped to Shift-fw_left/Shift-fw_right. There just wasn't enough keys on K4NT. I did consider adding it as you suggested, but I thought not many people would use it, and being naturally lazy, I decided to make my life easier .
Quote:
- option to customize crereader header font size (can it be modified in code? I can't find the value in defaults.lua)
No, it can't be changed. It would require including one more function from the crereader api, making another input box (or entry in defaults.lua) etc, etc... (again me being lazy ) Is it really that needed?
Quote:
- a key shorcut to toggle crereader header on and off (or... see next point)
There is one - It's Shift-Home . Seriously, there just isn't enough keys on K4NT.
Quote:
- integrate "crereader header" and "info" as the same option
The only missing data in "info" is book's author, title, and progress bar with sections marks. If you add them to "info", crereader header would be redundant, so I could disable it permantly.
Easier said than done. Too much work. I suppose adding author and title won't be that much work, but progress bar with section marks... nah, don't won't to bother with it. Maybe a default.lua option to make Home display crereader header in crereader instead of info would suffice?
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote