View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
English Grammar in English / English Grammar in Spanish / Spanish Grammar in English – These sections are exactly what they mean – they go through different sub sections including 1) Parts of Speech 2) Verbs and 3) Sentences – to teach you everything there is to know about grammar….believe me I had no idea there were so many rules and these section are VERY thorough.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.jpg
Views:	2068
Size:	661.4 KB
ID:	82017

Irregular Verbs / Idioms – These go through English and Spanish Irregular Verbs + Idioms. You can have them pronounced fluently in English or Spanish by pressing the “OK” button or accessing the menu by pressing “Menu” and choosing what you want to do.

Name:	IMG_0066.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	479.5 KB
ID:	82019

English <-> Spanish Text Translator – Here you can type anything in English and Spanish and translate it. You can also translate anything you’ve highlighted while reading, transfer it here by selecting the “Translate” option and it will translate it for you.

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	454.5 KB
ID:	82020

Language and Games

Name:	IMG_0068.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	522.5 KB
ID:	82021

Phonetic Language Teacher – Here is a language learning course that teaches you English or Spanish through 4 sections: Alphabet, Words, Phrases, and Dialogues. This is actually how I discovered this unit has speech recognition. In the picture I took (words section) I listen to how the word is pronounced and hold the microphone button (round mic key with the stylus), say the word, let go of the mic key, and it shows how I said it and lets me know how I should correctly say it.

Name:	IMG_0069.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	82022

U-Learn – This is like the Language Teacher but without any pictures, it just talks to you and you don’t have to press anything. It asks you questions and you reply using words and phrases it teaches you. This is truly amazing, I saw on their site that’s it’s primarily oriented towards learning a language while driving to work but you can do this at your desk, at home, while cooking, literally anything. It felt weird since it’s all human voiced and feels like you’re talking to someone. This definitely wasn’t a Forever Alone moment lol.

Audio Phrasebook – This is one of their signature sections on the translator line they have on their site. Here you can say a phrase and the device translates it for you. You just have to select a category. This section will have the speech recognition function and the fluent voice output activated so it’s great for communicating, or testing your pronunciation.

Name:	IMG_0070.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	82023

Pictured Dictionary / 180 Language Cross Translator – The Pictured Dictionary will be a translator/dictionary, only now with colorful pictures. The 180 language cross translator will let you do just that – cross translate; but between 180 languages. I’ve looked at the list you can choose from and there are literally tons of languages I have never heard of. You can select which one will be your “Source” and which one will be your “Target” and translate between them. You select them by pressing the “Menu” key.

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	82024

Linguistic Crosswords – Here’s another of Ectaco’s language features that teach you a language through games. When you click on a part of the puzzle it will tell you the translated word (which you can pronounce) and then pulls up an in-screen keyboard for you to type the correct translated word in.

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	82025 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0073.JPG
Views:	879
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	82026

Linguistic Flashcards / Pockets / Translation Test / Spell It Right – These are other language learning games you can play. You can add you own words, create words, and make lists for you to remember words and translations.

***DONT GO ANYWHERE.....STILL POSTING****
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote