View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenp View Post

I also have a question about speed. This is one of the most important things to me and is pretty much the only thing I haven't been able to learn from YouTube reviews. The Kindle Touch just got a firmware update and is supposedly faster. So is the Kobo but most of the reviews are out of date and don't demonstrate this. From what I've seen, the Nook is plenty fast already. Does anybody think that after the latest round of updates, there is an appreciable difference between all these models?

Thanks for reading this far! Any input would be appreciated.
I'm a Kobo touch owner using the latest firmware.

For page turning, the Kobo is plenty fast. It does have nasty bug at the moment: some menu options appear to take forever, but when you tap somewhere on the screen, you then get a refresh, but then the tap may trigger another another action unintentionally.

I also get a lot of dead taps when turning pages.

If your thinking of the Kobo and not in a rush, I would wait to see if the next firmware update fixes these "problems".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote