View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
None of the e-readers are going to easily read books purchased from any of the big bookstores (Sony, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Amazon) or e-books with DRM unless they are purchased from the specific e-readers store.

If you have a Kobo, you will be able to read Kobo books hassel free. I believe you can read Sony books hassel free as well because they share a DRM. You cannot read Amazon books, DRM and a different format, on a Kobo without removing DRM and converting to EPub. You cannot read books from Barnes and Noble without removing the DRM. You can read EPub books without DRM purchased from most indie bookstores.

The same goes for the Kindle, Kindle books and non-DRM Mobi books work great. Everything else will require DRM removal and converting from Mobi to EPub.

I think that there are folks who buy and EPub reader and think that they will be able to read any and all EPub books without any issues. They do not realize that not all EPub is the same and that there are DRM issues that can screw things up.

My guess is that someone is trying to load EPub books with a Non-Kobo DRM and that those are not working for them. Which sucks but can easily be fixed by doing a Google seaerch for Apprentice Alf.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote