Thread: Odyssey Dictionaries: WANTED
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:20 AM   #70
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi, you are welcome.

Just to be sure: what is the size (in bytes) of ru-de.dict and ru-de.dict.idx? Just asking in case the problem is with them (maybe they are empty?).

Make sure your ebook has "ru" language metadatum set, so that the Odyssey will load your custom dictionary.

Penelope currently supports only UTF-8-encoded input files, so you might want to check whether your input materials have a different encoding.

Assuming the two aforementioned files are not empty, I guess the "problem" might be with the way the Odyssey looks the selected word up in the dictionary index or with the file encoding of your input files or the file encoding of the ebook you are reading.

A first test you can do is the following: search for a word written in latin script which is also present in your dictionary (I hope there is one, like a proper name or an acronym). If the dictionary definition pops up, then it means that your dictionary is properly installed and loaded, and the problem lies somewhere else.

A second test: just create a CSV dictionary, containing just two words, one in lating script and one in cyrillic, convert it to Bookeen format with Penelope, load it to your device, and perform the same test above, and then also ask for the word written in cyrillic.

Unfortunately, without further details, I cannot tell whether the problem is with the dictionary, with Penelope or with the Odyssey dictionary sw.

Last edited by AlPe; 02-05-2015 at 08:10 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote