View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #25
Pr0metheus
Pr0metheus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Me either but I followed the solution provided in the other thread and now my Kindle recognizes that they are books and it got rid of the banner as well. I will write the steps I went through as easy as possible because the original post with the solution was a bit complicated to follow.

I used Mobi Metadata Editor to change the ASIN of the books that weren't showing properly.

1. To do that open Mobi Metadata Editor (download link below) and browse for the book. Click on the + sign, where it says Type locate 113 (ASIN) from the drop-down menu.

2. Go to Amazon.com and search for the Kindle version of the same book, scroll down to where it says Product Details and copy the ASIN (begins with a B) and paste it in Value (back in Mobi Metada Editor). Click Add.

3. Notice the Output filename, it will not replace the ebook but rather make a new file of the ebook with _new.mobi. Click Save.

4. Delete the same book you edited from your Calibre library and locate the new ebook (the one you edited with Mobi Metadata Editor) and drag and drop it into Calibre.

5. Connect your Kindle, right click on the new ebook, send to device, send to main memory.

If you did everything correctly, you should see the book in your books section with no banner.

I know it's a lot of steps to go through but at least now my books are more organized and there are no banners on the covers. I hope this works for you!

Mobi Metadata Editor download link: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1927698
Field Nr. 501 must have value EBOK (not PDOC) - after that book will have status "Book" and not "Document", Personal tag will not be shown anymore.

Last edited by Pr0metheus; 11-02-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Pr0metheus is offline   Reply With Quote