View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #22
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've just upgraded to Calibre 1.44, which, according to the changelog, had some improvements regarding GUI updating and rendering.

I don't know what Kovid did, but it's noticeably faster now. Not (yet) as fast as resizing an Explorer window, but there is a definite improvement. Thanks
We did two things:

1) Switch to using templates compiled to python so they run faster.
2) Cache negative color/icon results (templates that result in no color or icon), thus avoiding running them multiple times.

Note: if you have multiple color rules for the same column then be sure that you downloaded V1.44 after 14:00 Friday UK time. My first implementation was not entirely successful. Kovid remade the release with the fixes.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote