View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
keynya
keynya began at the beginning.

Device: Rakuten Kobo Touch
For the last weeks I have been caught up in another project, a Kanji Dictionary, therefore I have only seen your post now. I think I will be able to finish the Kanji Dictionary in the next 10 days. Due to this I have not started any work on the German -> Japanese dictionary. But I have looked into different data sources for the German -> Japanese translation. Thank you for pointing me to the dokuwa project, I did not know this one. I think it will be possible to build such a dictionary. I do not know how reliable the results will be, but I will try to make one and then I can see how good it works, and you can test it as well.

Are you a German speaker who wants to use this dictionary to translate words from German to Japanese? Or are you a Japanese speaker who wants to read German books? Because I would try to make this dictionary with a focus on non German speakers, i.e. including conjugation of verbs, etc. So it might be that there will be too much info for a German speaker.

Are you using a Kindle Paperwhite, or do you want to use it on iOS or Android? Because it will easily work on the Paperwhite and iOS. The Kindle software for Android is quite limited and one needs a bit of a workaround to get custom dictionaries running on them.
keynya is offline   Reply With Quote