View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I voted Yes, I want them at any cost. That said, I don't upgrade, I stay where everything works, in effect, as you wrote:

To have in-book reading stats for side-loaded KePubs using the KoboTouchExtended driver, you therefore must (while you have side-loaded KePub files anyway) disable wireless on your device, never turn it back on, and never again use the Kobo Desktop software. Firmware updates either need to be side-loaded manually.

So my Glo stays on 2.6.1 and I use the extended driver to create side loaded kepubs, which do show the in-book stats. My Mini is on 2.8.1 and also shows the stats. I do have some side loaded epubs on both devices, but find I prefer the kepubs. I like knowing how much time is left.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote