View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
They didn't make this thing because they thought they'd sell millions of $1300 Chromebooks. They did it because they knew it would blow up the internet (figuratively speaking, of course). I've been hearing about the $1300 Chromebook since I got out of bed this morning. That's what this is about - getting everyone talking about Chromebooks. The Pixel is the attention getter so that people will notice the cheaper ones.

And from what I can tell, it's working.

Could be. Or it could be a lesson from the Nexus 4. I don't think they ever had any intention of that being a huge seller even though it could have been if they kept up with demand. Instead it was a source of frustration for people unable to get one and probably hurt Android sales overall to some extent as people waited for it to become available.

So if they overprice this one out of the ballpark they still have a benchmark showing what Chromebook can be without squeezing their OEM partners.

But that flies in the face of what they did with the Nexus 7. So who knows.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote