View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #14
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I would like to say something about the battery:

After more than a year of use, the battery of my M92 seems to still work for about as long as when it was new. It might have to do with me leaving the charge somewhere between 60 to 40%. Meaning that I usually have between 4 and 2 bars in the battery icon.

I'm just guessing these percentages with the bars, and I'm not sure the battery still lasts as long as when it was brand new, but it last a very long time. Weeks. When I see 2 bars left I recharge, and not to completely full, only to 4 bars. (When I pay attention to it, sometimes I forget and it charges fully.)

The reason I'm doing this is that on a site called "BatteryUniversity" it says:

"Lithium-ion must be stored in a charged state, ideally 40 percent."

This and more information on this battery business is here and on other pages:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...tore_batteries

It is true that using the battery is not exactly the same as just storing it, but in a way it is stored. And because this way I still only have to charge it once every so many weeks, it does not get worn out much, which often charging does.

Maybe I'm mistaken about this, in which case I apologize, but it is true that my battery charges still last a very long time.

PS:
It works with my notebook battery too. I leave it charged at 40%, and leave it out of my notebook, only putting it in when I move the notebook to another place for which I have to unplug it from the AC current. As soon as I'm close to an AC outlet, I plug it in again, and take the battery out. This way after more than a year my notebook battery is still working as new or nearly new.

Last edited by Lode; 02-25-2013 at 04:18 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote