View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Explain This To Me In Practical Terms

Okay, so if I understand it correctly, KF8 is basically EPUB3 with an extra wrapper, and it can also contain a MOBI file for the benefit of devices that won't read KF8?

If that's so, how would I go about making a file that takes advantage of features plain MOBI doesn't have, while including a different MOBI version that includes an alternate version suiting that format?

Specifically, the ebook I'm working on includes sidebars, which EPUB supports via div tags and MOBI won't. The original Kindle version included the sidebars via headers saying Sidebar begins and Sidebar ends.

Would it be possible to make a KF8 file that contains the sidebars for newer readers, but which also contains something that will look correct on MOBI-using devices?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote