View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #548
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike12489 View Post
... Issue #5: USB networking configuration does not persist on Ubuntu (probably some DHCP daemon or similar resetting it).
Solution: Once "sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.15.201" is run, use the connection as a template to create a saved wired network connection.
... and after the reset my Kindle was successfully unbricked. Thanks again!
I got tired of that Ubuntu dropped connection thing, and just uninstalled nmcli. But now, every time I reboot linux (not often), I have to type "sudo ifconfig eth1 up; sudo dhclient eth1". Oh well...

Glad you got it debricked. I will add your success report to the list in the first post.

EDIT: Added to success report list, which is getting rather long. Perhaps it is a good thing that only ONE PERCENT of the estimated successful debricks have been reported (based on download counts). If that "Success Report" list gets much longer, it may need its own thread.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-21-2012 at 01:26 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote