View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
If there's a yardstick to measure the validity of PDFs it is Adobe Acrobat, not Onyx M92. Particularly that this is not the first case of m92 misbehaving when other readers just work (go search for archive.org thread in this forum - you think this got fixed? Months on? Huh!) As I wrote, the file opens just fine in Acrobat, Xpdf, Xournal and Evince - what else is needed to say that software in m92 is defunct?

Hi,

I did not test this file you are speaking about, but I am preatty sure that not all ereaders would be able to open and read it.
As example the pdf files from archive.org couldn't be opened with Pocketbook, Sony and Lbook ereaders too. So it is not explicit a problem of Onyx, but possibly of Adobe SDK used in those devices, or a certain file could be somehow defective.

Did you try to use the feature for repair corrupted PDF with PDFTK ? It helped me to solve some cases of unreadable documents

Last edited by Booxtor; 08-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote