Thread: User Poetry
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i also appreciate the communal aspect of used (or library) books, rendered explicit through annotations (as long as they don't take things too far, and the original text remains legible, of course...). sometimes it's only a typo crossed out and corrected in blue ink, or a cryptic word next to a paragraph...

when i see these traces, the tacit link i have with this anonymous previous reader materializes briefly, almost like a discussion dilated to the extreme, and i feel irrationally connected to them for a moment, almost like a friend.

deeply ironic that the mozzler of "passive emotifaction" should manifest his presence in the chain of used-book readers and annotators with smiley faces...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote