View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #32
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
This would be a good plugin.
I have another 'feature', as well as the left/right to add small increments, how about one feature to skip some numbers (for when you've got books missing and haven't got 'dummy' records) and then all subsequent numbers are adjusted as well.
Ahh yes, that had crossed my mind but I didn't mention it for not wanting to get into too much design detail for fear I would be embarassed by a deathly silence of lack of demand for the plugin at all...

The challenge I see with that particular feature (which I agree would be useful) is how to handle a user moving a row that they have locked/assigned a particular series number on.

You also have to handle the situation of a user moving "too many" rows before that assigned value such that the numbering overlaps. A visual warning on screen may suffice like an icon with a tooltip on such rows. Not insurmountable problems though - and as you have suggested a useful addition for those who don't create empty books.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote