View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Hmm, so far I've seen everything I put into the "guide" section of the epub (using sigil to add semantics) shows up in the mobi reader or kindle viewer -- except "acknowledgements" and that may not be in the correct form in the <guide>. At least, FC complains about it. Don't know if that's sigil's fault or FlightControl's.

The other thing is that the "first page" link goes to the title page, not the first page of "text" listed in the guide (the latter behavior being what I would expect, though I could be wrong about that). But then ADE doesn't do that either on the original epub.

All this is very interesting. If I get time I may try kindlegen to convert an epub, and see if it does any better.
Attached are two files: The ePub with chapters marked with semantics and the mobi generated by calibre. None of the semantics shows up in the mobipocket reader menu. The semantics do show up in the sigil OPF <guide> section.

What have I done different from you?
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Thorogood Family.epub (599.5 KB, 368 views)
File Type: mobi Thorogood Family, The.mobi (320.2 KB, 321 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote