View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Well, i dont think i will buy ebooks as long as they are as expensive as they are now.

On the other hand i do pirate books. Well, kind of.
I just downloaded a copy of the latest Robert Jordan Wheel of Time book and i am reading it on the iLiad. I would like it to have the nice chapter icons and a better layout and not a pagenumber and headline in between every couple of pages, but hey, at least i have it on my iLiad.
Or am i not a pirat (at least i dont feel like one), because i do have the hardcover version of the book on my bookshelf.

As for sci-fi/fantasy beeing pirated most, i would think so, because all the computer geeks read sci-fi

And i have to say, here in germany, movie pirates are called "raubkopierer" and the film industrie is criminalizing the movie theft in a major way. The term "raub" alone is used in legal context only if you steal stuff from someone with weapons force or the threat to do physical harm.
I hope the bookindustry is smarter than that and just offers what the customer wants.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote