View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliis View Post
Yes, the first partition was enough. I've sent you the link to my server. Anything else apart from the rootfs.img that would be useful?
I can't think of anything.
I will make a copy to my own private server, just to reduce the chance of this recovery image becoming lost again.

The owner and device specific information is outside of the partitioned area, so (using your device name exampes):
Code:

dd if=/dev/sbf of=my_private.bin bs=4096 count=16
Should be more than enough to capture all of it - just in case of future need.

Much of the current settings temporary data is in /var/local.
The complete partition can also be backed up:
Code:
dd if=/dev/sbf3 of=current_settings.bin bs=4096
Both of those copies are for your own possible use, do not distribute them.

Notes:
As you can see from the sizes, /dev/sbf4 is the USBstorage area - what you see when connected by USB cable.

And /dev/sbf2 is the 'diags' OS file system -
We don't have a copy of that any longer either.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote