Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #874
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaerwald View Post
I just tried to change margins on my K5 (latest JBPatch):

1. opened JBPatch/Margins
2. changed all margins for non-pdf to zero (0)
3. saved the setup and exited to main menue
4. restarted K5 through the settings menue
5. opened JBPatch/Margins again

There are still the standard values 40, 80 and 120 showing up.

I am using JBPatch now for a while with changing hyphenation only and followed the Wiki end-user documentation howto in detail.

Either I do a completely stupid mistake or my setup of JBPatch has a problem.
I have been receiving a similar request lately via PM (concerning the Cover View Patch, where settings would simply not have any effect). I'm currently a bit busy, so I can't promise a date when it will be fixed (or even when I can look into it).

It may well be that Amazon has lately pushed some silent update which breaks part of JBPatch's functionality. Try to restart the device and see if the error persists. If so, please do the following:
  1. Set the margin values in JBPatch, and save them.
  2. Perform a "Sync" operation ("System" tab).
  3. plug the kindle to the PC, and verify that the content of opt/jbpatch/com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.margins.txt contains the selected settings.

If you notice anything odd, please let me know. Well in fact, let me know in any case. Thanks!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote