View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 04:44 PM   #48
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Hmmm...but if an author is re-publishing their backlist, they may be tempted to put them on sale, or list them at a very low price for the first couple of days that they are listed, in order to generate buzz. Why would you automatically assume that a low priced book is a scam?

Shari
If you follow the trends, then it's pretty obvious. The answer is that I would be suspicious of a low priced book of an author who is dead, as I indicated in my previous post. I would likely either not buy it, or do some sort of follow up to make sure it was legit. I would assume it because scammers tend to go after well known books by authors who are dead and whose books aren't available, since it's more likely that the copyright holder isn't paying attention and it's more likely that people will want to buy them.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote