View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Ian_Stott
Ian_Stott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A "Reset Scores" option would be a good idea. Calculate the similarity for a set of books, then calculate it for a different set, the two sets of numbers don't have any relationship with each other. This could be a menu option or a setting to clear all the scores before doing a calculation.
A Reset Scores option is a good idea. I'll look into implementing it for the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When I worked out what the plugin did (I didn't actually read the full post before trying it), the menu item "Find Similar Books..." started to bug me. It doesn't actually do this. What it does is "Calculate Similarity Scores". To do what you first paragraph states, and the menu item implies, the plugin would need to do the calculation on every book in the library and display a list that had scores greater than defined amount.
I agree that the plugin only calculates similarity scores for the set of books you select against your target. However, as the purpose of the tool is to help you find similar books. I felt that it was preferable that I chose a title that contained the desired goal, as opposed to one that contained more caveats than a financial advert on the TV. I hope you will bare with me as the tool heads towards that goal.
Ian_Stott is offline   Reply With Quote