View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
The general rule I've heard, at least for print publishing is that taking royalties on net starts at stupid and goes downhill from there.

When I managed a bookstore, we paid about 55% of list to the distributor. I don't know the current numbers, but I would imagine the most a publisher is likely to see on a book is 45-50% of list - and probably closer to 45%.

So if we take net receipts as being 45% of list - then 25% of net turns into 11.5% of list. This is an improvement over 10% of list - but not over the 15% of list they're talking about.

It will be an improvement on Amazon e-sales though.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote