View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
* How to test:
o Plug the Kindle in. Charging LED should light up, and battery symbol should be pierced by a lightning bolt.
o After 30 seconds unplug it. If either LED or lightinig bolt stays, we have wrong adapter. Reset the Kindle by holding the power slider for 30 seconds.

Just did the test using the power adapter that came with my iPhone 4 - worked like a charm!
thanks, 93terp, i already knew about the test and thanks for the link.
the only problem with my initial charger which had a USB port (is that the lingo ?) was that it only had 500 mA, half an ampere, while apparently the K3 needs more according to phyros. i'll buy another that meets the requirements. a relatively cheap one

the reason i revived this thread was to ask about how to connect the K3 to the PC without it charging. do i keep it in deep sleep? is there a magic button?

i guess i should have started another thread
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote